C3 Church Lane Cove was first established in 1984 with 12 people as part of the earliest days of the C3 (then Christian City Church movement). In the first year we grew to around 35 people but lacked a permanent pastor. November 1984 saw Dr Ian and Jeannie Jagelman become the first official senior ministers and they immediately began to give the new church fresh vision and goals. Church grew steadily so that by 1994, with more than 400 members, leaders and teams were identified and developed to expand and plant new congregations.
Statement of Faith
- There is one God: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession and in His imminent return;
- In the person and work of the Holy Spirit with His fruit and gifts available in the Church;
- The Bible is the word of God – authoritative and everlasting, and the foundation of all Christian doctrine;
- In the existence of an evil spiritual being-the devil;
- In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the “new birth” by faith in Jesus Christ;
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers, with the normal evidence of speaking in other tongues;
- In the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God;
- In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission.
C3 Church Lane Cove is part of the C3 movement of Churches in Australia and worldwide. Dr Phil Pringle is the founder and President of C3 Church, and is also the Senior Minister of the movement’s largest congregation – C3 Church Oxford Falls on Sydney’s northern beaches.
The vision of C3 is to actively fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus by preaching his gospel and planting churches, ministering to 21st Century men and women in a biblical and relevant way, in the power of the Holy Spirit – c3 global website