1. Connect people
Our culture connects people to God, Church and one another. People grow in connection to a local church community. Church is God’s idea. God created the local church, builds the local church and loves the local church. We love and build the local church!
2. Value and develop people
Every person is loved by God and has intrinsic value just because God made us. Every follower of Jesus is also called to be a minister. Ministry is serving God sacrificially, investing and developing our talents and resources out of love for God. People develop in ministry on the basis of character [spiritual maturity], competency [spiritual gifting] and chemistry [team fit] as they commit to serving Jesus.
3. Lead people
Leadership serves God by developing others in ministry and is God given, honoured, and embraced. Leaders embrace and embody the priorities of God and his church.
Church is a team effort. Partnership creates outcomes which are more than the sum of the parts. People flourish when they do things together. Together is a God idea. Different God given ability, linked together for one purpose, releases great potential. We build ministry teams to reach and build people and church. We partner with ministries and churches on the basis of mutual benefit and common purpose.
5. Relevant lifestyle
We stay real, current and connected with our world. We are in touch with the world God has placed us in, understanding that God has called us to a time and a place to represent Him. The church is a sent community that speaks eternal things to today’s world.
6. Spirit Powered
God’s will is to pour out his Spirit on all people to change lives and empower his mission. Being filled with the Spirit of God is the dynamic that empowers us to live passionate, supernatural, God orienting lives in all that we do seeking God’s continuing influence.
7. Life related communication
Our message speaks to the issues of people’s lives. The word of God infused by the Holy Spirit is the most powerful transforming force on the planet. But the word is only effective when it speaks people’s language. We are devoted to Jesus in word and spirit to be a practical transforming influence in people’s lives.
Everything we do will aim for a standard of excellence and generosity reflecting God’s glory, capacity and reputation.
What we do and how we do things will be dynamic, flexible and empowering for building the church. We will always be open to change when it increases fruitfulness.
We are a cosmopolitan, multi-generational community that enables all age groups to flourish together. Like parents we seek to leave a spiritual heritage for future generations by taking responsibility for understanding, growing and preparing future generations for God’s purposes.
Download Here (Right click and “save as”)
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- There is one God: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession and in His imminent return;
- In the person and work of the Holy Spirit with His fruit and gifts available in the Church;
- The Bible is the word of God – authoritative and everlasting, and the foundation of all Christian doctrine;
- In the existence of an evil spiritual being-the devil;
- In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the “new birth” by faith in Jesus Christ;
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers, with the normal evidence of speaking in other tongues;
- In the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God;
- In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission.
BELONG / BELIEVE / BECOME / BUILD
Everyone has a deep need to connect to others. It’s part of who we are. Yes, being different is good but there would be no different unless there was someone else around to be different to. We are made with a need to be part of something …a history …a shared story …a common heritage …God invites us to connect and belong to his family.
No one can ever know everything so everyone has to believe in something. Life just works that way! Many people believe God is there but silent. We believe God has spoken clearly and still speaks. Faith is seeing our world with God’s eyes and making new decisions on the basis of new horizons.
Does God have a plan for my life? If He does, is it any good? What would it mean to work with Him? The Holy Spirit is God’s change agent to actively work in people to transform lives. Anything can happen as long as its good. The change He brings is gradual but total …not just life circumstances but the inner person …the spirit. The more we discover of Him the more we become. We try and help people discover more.
God wants to use me as his ambassador and agent in this world. It’s a partnership …not just about me but about we! How can I partner with God? What has God given me to contribute to His purposes for His planet and to build his community (church)? We want to help people grow in serving God, people and each other.